When it comes to healthy snacking, it’s hard to beat peanut butter. Rich in protein and healthy fats, natural peanut butter is often recommended by dietitians to help you stay full and energized throughout the day. With so many brands to choose from, deciding the right one for you can be overwhelming. To save you the trouble, we’ve curated a list of the best natural peanut butters that dietitians recommend. Read on to find out more.
1. Peanut Butter: The Natural Choice for a Healthy Diet
Keeping a healthy diet doesn’t have to feel like a chore; proteins like peanut butter can add flavor and nutrition to just about any meal. Peanut butter is a classic ingredient that has stood the test of time, and for good reason:
- It’s Weight Loss Friendly: Replacing unhealthy snacks like candy and chips with peanut butter can help dieters reach their weight loss goals. Although it contains fat, it’s the good kind of fat, so it can be part of a balanced diet.
- Nutrient-Rich: Peanut butter is loaded with essential nutrients like niacin, protein, magnesium, and vitamins B and E. It’s also a good source of dietary fiber, which is important for digestive health.
Nutrition isn’t the only benefit of peanut butter. This spread is a great way to get creative in the kitchen. It can be used as a dip or sandwich filling; added to smoothies, oatmeal, and even soups; and used as a main ingredient in baking. Whether you’re looking for a delicious snack or an unique twist to your recipes, peanut butter is a natural choice.
2. Expert Picks: The Best Natural Peanut Butters from a Dietitian
1. Once again Foods PB made with only two ingredients
Once again Foods takes their signature creamy and delicious peanut butter to the next level with their PB made with only two ingredients: dry-roasted organic peanuts and pink himalayan salt. It’s peanut butter in its purest form and made without any sugar, palm oil, or any other added ingredients—just a mouthwatering blend of nutrient-rich organic peanuts and just enough pink himalayan salt. The low-sugar content makes it an excellent choice for those wanting to lead a healthy lifestyle.
2. Prebiotin Organic Peanut Butter with Added Chia Seeds
Prebiotin Organic Peanut Butter isn’t your ordinary peanut butter—it’s fortified with chia seeds, a superfood known for its high fiber content and abundance of minerals. This peanut butter is both creamy and crunchy, with a subtle sweetness and nutrient-packed chia seeds that adds an extra boost of nutrition to your diet. It’s also made without palm oil or any artificial ingredients, helping you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Here’s why it’s a dietitian favorite:
- Packed with fiber and essential minerals
- Contains added chia seeds
- No added sugar, palm oil or artificial ingredients
- Creamy and crunchy
3. Nutrition Facts: What to Look for When Choosing Your Natural Peanut Butter
Look for Natural in the Ingredients
When shopping for peanut butter, look for natural ingredients in the label. Natural peanut butter should have just two ingredients: peanuts and salt. If there are additional preservatives, stabilizers or strange sounding ingredients, chances are that it’s not natural. The fewer ingredients, the better your peanut butter is.
Check the Nutrition Facts
A natural peanut butter should have no added sugar, and the number of carbohydrates listed should be negligible. Look for fatty acids like oleic acid, which is linked to reducing inflammation and other health benefits. Most importantly, pay attention to the protein content — peanut butter should be your go-to healthy snack and should be a good source of protein. (By the way, most nut butters in the store are not natural, so make sure to check the labels carefully!)
4. Top Natural Peanut Butters for a Dietitian-Approved Diet
If you’re a dietitian, you know that it’s important to combine a balanced diet with healthy snacking. Peanut butter is an ideal choice for those who are trying to maintain a dietitian-approved diet. While there are many different types of peanut butter on the market, these are the top 4 natural peanut butter choices for a dietitian-approved diet:
- Nuts N’ More Peanut Butter – This peanut butter is protein-packed and rich in nutrition. It contains 14g of protein per 2 tbsp and is made with basic ingredients like peanuts, flax seeds, chia seeds, and a dash of sea salt.
- LaraBar Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip – This delicious nut butter is made from ingredients you can actually pronounce, like peanuts, almonds, coconut, dates, and real chocolate chips. It’s dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan, and contains 6g of protein per 2 tbsp.
- Teddie All Natural Peanut Butter – This peanut butter contains only three ingredients – peanuts, a touch of salt, and palm oil. It does not contain any added sugar or artificial preservatives. Teddie All Natural Peanut Butter is also gluten-free and vegan.
- Smucker’s Natural Peanut Butter – This peanut butter is made with only peanuts and a hint of salt, making it a great choice for a dietitian-approved diet. It contains 7g of protein per 2 tbsp, minimal fat, and no added sugar or salt.
These are just 4 natural peanut butter options that you can enjoy on a dietitian-approved diet. Not only are they all delicious, but they’re made with natural ingredients and are packed with nutrition and protein. For a healthy and tasty snack, go for one of these peanut butter choices.
No matter what type of peanut butter you purchase for your pantry, natural peanut butter is the perfect addition to your favorite meals and snacks. You can always count on the natural variety to provide high-quality nutrition and flavor that dietitians trust. So, go ahead and make the switch to natural peanut butter and enjoy the nutty taste and health benefits it brings!