Looking to add a bit of zest to your meal plan? Dietitians suggest adding apple cider vinegar as is a powerful ingredient used to boost flavor, health, and nutrition. And with the countless choices of brands out there, it can be a bit overwhelming to decide which one is right for you. Let’s take a look at the 4 best apple cider vinegars chosen by a dietitian.
1. Four Apple Cider Vinegars to Enhance Your Diet
Apple cider vinegar has been used in traditional home remedies and cooking for centuries, and its standout health benefits aren’t fading away anytime soon. From detoxifying and energizing the body to enhancing digestion and metabolism, adding apple cider vinegar can be an effective way to maintain a healthy diet. Here are a few of the key types that can help you best enjoy range of health benefits:
- Raw, Organic, Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar – This type is made by grinding apples and then allowing the mixture to ferment. It maintains the important “Mother” bacteria which contains essential enzymes, minerals and nutrients our bodies need for wellbeing. It is light or dark amber in color, contains a mild yet distinct smell, and, of course, a tart taste.
- Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar – Made from organically grown apples, this ‘Original’ brew of ACV is also raw, unfiltered, vegan and has no added preservatives or colors. It’s a product of the USA, with a brown hue and full-bodied flavor.
- Vermont Village Organic Apple Cider Vinegar – This brand’s ACV is made with the juice of organically grown apples, is unfiltered and has some of that full-grown flavor. It is a light-golden color with a moderate level of tartness.
- Dynamic Health Organic Apple Cider Vinegar – This is also made with organic apples, unfiltered, and goes through a probiotic fermentation process to retain healthy bacteria. It has a distinctive sweet flavor and is light yellow in color.
No matter which type you choose, apple cider vinegar is an ideal addition to salads, sauces, and even drinks to give your diet the boost it needs. It’s important to check the label and make sure it’s organic and unfiltered for optimal benefits. Reach for the apple cider vinegar bottle to get your health and wellness journey on track.
2. Expert-Approved Aids for Healthy Eating
Portion Control: Portion control is a great way to keep track of what and how much you eat. As much as possible, try to split your meals into smaller portions throughout the day – this helps make sure you’re not overeating. Additionally, it’s important to try and maintain a balanced diet with portions that fit your body type.
Healthy Substitutions: Sometimes it’s hard to avoid those unhealthy snacks, but it’s important to substitute them for healthier options. Instead of opting for the cake, try munching on a piece of fruit – if you’re craving something savory, have some air-popped popcorn instead of chips. Adding these small substitutions every now and then can take you a long way.
- Focus on portion size when eating.
- Substitute unhealthy snacks for a healthier version.
- Sip on some hot tea after a meal to satiate the craving.
- Keep a journal to keep track of what, and how much, you’re eating.
3. Dietitian’s Choice: Top Cider Vinegars of 2021
As a professional dietitian, I know all too well the importance of incorporating high quality food products into a healthy diet. The most effective option on the market: apple cider vinegar! Packed with essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, this secret ingredient is a wonderful addition to any meal. Here are some of my top picks for quality cider vinegars for 2021:
- Organic Portland Apple Cider Vinegar: This hand-made vinegar from a local family farm combines the flavor of heritage apples with a hard cider vinegar that is lightly filtered and made with natural ingredients only.
- Sky Organics Apple Cider Vinegar: This apple cider vinegar is made from organic apples, then fused with the perfect combination of other ingredients such as honey, cinnamon and ginger. Theresults is an unique and delicious flavor.
- Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar: This product has been made with unfiltered, unprocessed apples, and without any preservatives or added sugar. It is sure to add a touch of zest to any dish.
No matter which cider vinegar you choose to use, you’re sure to find a unique and delicious flavor that will add that special something to your meal. I highly recommend giving these top three choices a try and seeing for yourself just how versatile and wonderful cider vinegar can be!
4. Unlock the Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar: A Dietitian’s Advice
Apple cider vinegar has become a household name, regularly touted for its numerous health benefits. From aiding in weight loss to contributing to better gut health, the potential advantages of this traditional home remedy seem almost too good to be true. Fortunately, dietitians agree that adding a daily dose of apple cider vinegar into your meal plan can help improve your overall health.
Here are just a few ways to tap into the power of this versatile vinegar:
- Jumpstart your day with a morning “wake me up” – Mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of warm water and drink it first thing in the morning. This concoction can help rev up your metabolism and get you going first thing.
- Add it to your marinades – Apple cider vinegar is a classic choice for marinades, and it packs a nutritional punch. Marinaing your meats and veggies for just half an hour can help tenderize them, and aid in absorbing more vitamins and minerals from the food.
- Pair it with salads and greens – Adding a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to your favorite salads will amp up the nutritional value, thanks to its acetic acid content and the enzymes it contains. And don’t forget to mix it with oil for an extra dose of Omega-3 fatty acids.
It’s important to note that there are different kinds of apple cider vinegar, so make sure you read the labels carefully before you purchase. Ideally, apple cider vinegar should be organic, unfiltered and unpasteurized to optimize its potency. You can also find other ingredients such as honey or garlic, which can add flavor and an additional nutritional boost.
No matter which type of apple cider vinegar you choose, adding it to your diet could help to bring a wealth of health benefits. So take a sip and try these four top picks chosen by a dietitian. Your gut and your taste buds will thank you.